Bored in the house and I’m in the house bored

Students are finding ways to entertain themselves while stuck at home

Benjamin Cruz, Staff Writer

At home entertainment has always been important, but the pandemic has allowed students to embrace their hobbies or spend more time doing what they love. Whether it be arts and crafts or watching movies.

Senior Alexis Grasso died her own hair over spring break. “I was bored and I love to dye my hair,” said Grasso. (Photo submitted by A. Grasso)

“I read books, do creative projects like painting, watch TV or some other form of media, and go on facetime with my friends,” said sophomore Lauren Thomas.

Being indoors doesn’t mean that entertainment is entirely limited. 

“I like watching new shows, getting into new music, dyeing my hair, and exploring new hair styles,” said sophomore Gabby Truong. 

Both Thomas and Truong express themselves creatively while at home through hairstyles and painting. Students are also spending more time with family.

“I have been entertaining myself by working out and spending time with my family,” said senior Marisol Corchado. “I feel that it is very important to go outside and get active and spend time with those you love during these hard times.”

Regardless of the pandemic, Corchado values spending time with the people she loves and won’t let anything stop her from maintaining a fun and loving lifestyle. 

Senior Sara Zimba went for a walk to ease her boredom and found a turtle. (Photo submitted by: S. Zimba)

From watching tv to exercising students are finding ways to pass the time while they’re bored in the house and in the house bored.