Grad Fest preview 

Will you be there?

Andrew Mizroch, Sports Editor

Graduating high school is a huge accomplishment, and what better way to celebrate than a night out with friends. Grad Fest 2021 will be on June 16th after graduation at Apex Entertainment. Tickets are no longer available, so we hope you’ve got yours already! Some seniors, though, are still hesitant to go because we are still in the end stages of a pandemic, while others are ready to party with their friends one last time.

“Yes, I am going to Grad Fest because it’s the last time my friend group will spend some time together, before going our separate ways,” said senior Arielle Sapinoso

Not experiencing a normal school year has been especially difficult for seniors, but participating in senior events can help make the transition a little easier. 

“I am looking forward to spending time with those who I haven’t seen in a while, due to some of my friends being virtual this year,” said Sapinoso

While some look forward to catching up with old friends and acquaintances, others are looking forward to walking across the stage at graduation.

“I am honestly just looking forward to graduating and moving on to college,” said senior Maylea Apelizan.

Senior Makayla Moore agrees. 

“I am looking forward to moving my tassel from the right to the left,” said Moore

Grad Fest will give seniors a sense of normalcy. Apex Entertainment provides arcade machines, go karts, bummer carts, mini golf, and much much more. 

“I actually think Apex is a great place for Grad Fest to be held because it will have such a fun atmosphere for all the students who have just graduated,” said Robles.

Some people, though, are still struggling with the idea of getting together for Grad Fest.

“I was pretty surprised when I heard that Grad Fest was being held at Apex. I really don’t like the idea of it to be perfectly honest,” said Apelizan. “I understand that we are almost out of Covid and all, but we are still in it. I work and have to be in contact with others a lot, so I should be used to it but it just makes me uncomfortable to think about.”

Apex Entertainment is also pretty new and allows people to enjoy activities not typically found in our area such as axe throwing and sports simulations.

“I would say the positives of Apex being the place for Grad Fest would be that there are more things to do, from having regular arcade games to go kart racing,” said Sapinoso. “I wouldn’t say there is a negative of Apex.”

Robles agrees.

“The positives of Apex is that it really does have a lot of games and events to participate in that would be a blast for everybody,” said Robles.

Having such an enormous amount of space to roam makes Apex Entertainment perfect for Grad Fest, and makes social distancing still possible.

The class of 2021 has been dealt a tough hand; however, with restrictions lessening, Grad Fest can be an opportunity for seniors to have a positive experience.

“I think if you are anticipating going with friends or just to see everybody, while having a great time, you won’t be dissatisfied at all with how everything will play out, which is great, ” said Robles

Grad Fest is a quintessential part of celebrating the transition from high school to adulthood and can create memories that last for forever. Do not miss out on this opportunity to enjoy a night out with the people you care about.