Emily Euler exemplifies school commitment

Evie Lewis, Staff Writer

Junior Emily Euler served as the Class of 2023 secretary, is a former volleyball player, and is involved in yearbook staff, SCA, NHS, Leadership Workshop, and VPAA member. Euler also takes high level classes in addition to all of her extracurricular activities. She juggles her responsibilities by using her planner and staying on top of her assignments. 

“To stay organized, I keep a planner and write down everything that I have coming up, from homework assignments to events and after school activities, “said Euler. “I find this extremely helpful because I can keep everything organized in the same place. In my opinion, having good time management really comes from being organized. If you keep track of all the events and activities within your schedule for the day, chances are that you will ensure there is enough time for all the tasks you have planned.” 

Junior Emily Euler plays positions setter, right side, and server depending on the game. (Photograph provided by E. Euler)

In addition to responsibilities that come with her courses and extracurriculars Euler has responsibilities at home.

“Emily has weekly cleaning chores that she must complete like loading and unloading the dishwasher, vacuuming and dusting the living room and her bedroom, and washing and drying a couple loads of laundry,” said Emily’s mom Kristen Euler. “Emily is expected to get herself ready for school every day by making her own lunch, completing class assignments, and filling her gas tank up.”

Emily Euler is incredibly flexible and puts her best foot forward in the things she wishes to succeed in.

“Emily has learned that being flexible and able to adjust to any unforeseen circumstance that may occur will help balance out your life,” said Kristen Euler. “We have always guided Emily to put forth her best effort in anything she attempts to take on in her life. We have also taught her that it is okay to make mistakes as long as you learn from it and apply it to the next situation.”

Emily Euler thrives in leadership roles. She is passionate about her work and is willing to step outside of her comfort zone in order to benefit the group.

“Emily is that person that can make anyone feel that they are at home at Salem,” said SCA Sponsor Meredith Holt. “That warm and inviting personality is really what we need being back in the school building after being virtual for so long. I am very proud of Emily for stepping out of her comfort zone and assuming the role of a leader because I see the potential she has, even if she doesn’t quite see it yet.”

Euler is a child of the military and has experienced various challenges when it comes to making new friends after moving every few years. However, despite these challenges Euler is grateful for the many experiences she’s had.

“My experiences being a military child have definitely shaped me into the person I am today. I have become very comfortable with change and understanding that things may not always go your way or go as planned,” said Euler.

Euler is focused on getting the most out of her high school experience and doing her best to leave her mark at Salem.

“I definitely want to make a difference and leave my own legacy here. I think that our years in high school are really special and we should make the most out of the time we have here while we can,” said Euler. “That’s really why I have chosen to be involved as much as I am; I want to make the most out of the high school experience and help others have that too. I want to be able to look back on high school someday and remember all of the great times I had and memories that I was able to make. To me, that’s what high school should be all about. It should be about leaving your own mark and making special memories that will last a lifetime. Afterall, you’re only in high school once in your life.”

Euleris is determined to leave a positive legacy.