Jujutsu Kaisen

Is it worth watching?

Jujutsu+Kaisen

Benjamin Cruz, Section Editor

After the conclusion of Jujutsu Kaisen season one and the announcement of the new movie Jujutsu Kaisen 0, some may wonder if the show is worth getting into. 

What is Jujutsu Kaisen?

Jujutsu Kaisen is an easy-to-digest anime about an underground society filled with people known as jujutsu sorcerers. These people fight curses manifested by the negative emotions of mankind. There is a little bit more to it and even though the show isn’t caught up with the manga it still provides all the information you need within one watch to understand the show.

Yuji Itadori

Another strong positive for this show is its main character Yuji Itadori. In the beginning he is just a high school student who excels in physical activities. He lives with his grandfather and we are never given information about what his parents were like.  Itadori provides humor and occasional wisdom during the show. Typical anime protagonists fall under the category of being clueless and yet super strong. Itadori keeps these traits, but in a much more realistic fashion. 

Plot

Without spoiling too much, the plot consists of Yuji Itadori becoming the vessel of the demon Sukuna, a being so powerful that even after he perishes his remains are unable to be destroyed. After becoming the vessel for Sukuna he was ordered to be executed, but is pardoned so he can collect all the fingers of Sukuna and finally destroy the demon. It is a simple plot that is super easy to digest.

Supporting Characters

The characters are the strongest part of Jujutsu Kaisen. Every character, major or not, has something likeable about them. From the comedic and incredibly powerful Satoru Gojo, to the outgoing and aggressive Nobara Kugisaki. Characters are fleshed out and diverse with both abilities and characteristics. They all represent different ideas and come from different backgrounds and it just makes you want to find out more.

Animation Quality and Art Style

If it’s not the characters and plot people are talking about then it is definitely the art quality and style. This alone justifies the watch of at least one episode. Every battle scene is carefully crafted and top quality. It is this show that set a new benchmark for animation quality . Words cannot describe just how gorgeous certain scenes are. 

From the diverse cast of characters to the easy to digest plot Jujutsu Kaisen is a phenomenal show. If you are interested in watching Jujutsu Kaisen season one it is available on HBOMax in both English subtitles and dub.