Drip Check

Drip+Check

Benjamin Cruz, Section Editor

First impressions are important and typically come from how a person presents themselves, particularly their clothing. 

“The style of our peers allows us to look at a deeper part of their personality. A huge part of a person’s whole image deals with their style, so I pay attention to all the details of a person’s outfit to gain a better understanding for who that person is and what they stand for,” said senior Angelo Drake.

Senior Angelo Drake models his fashion taste.

Good fashion is subjective. There is no straightforward answer to how to find the perfect outfit. There is always a process of finding an outfit that gives off a specific vibe.

“What I think about is if people will compliment something about my clothes and if I won’t get dress-coded,” said senior Josiah Watson.

Diversity is a huge factor in why clothing is a method of expression. It is easy to differentiate two people based on what they wear because their outfits align with their personality.

“Someone’s style and how they style their clothing is different from just their clothing and we can take so much more from that. We can understand a narrative and express who we truly are,” said Drake.

In high school, it can be somewhat difficult to open up to new people, especially for freshmen. Picking a good outfit or noticing people’s outfits is a big part of school and even life in general.

“Clothing has positively impacted me because seeing everyone styling their clothes has always had me compliment them and even upgrade my wardrobe,” said Watson.

A big idea of picking an outfit in the morning is making sure it isn’t too similar to what was worn the day before. 

“Having a more diverse wardrobe is better because if you have different fits it gives a better outlook on other people rather than having the same type of outfit rotation all year long,” said Watson.

Certain clothing brands are more noticeable than others and many pay attention to what brand people wear, but fashion is not about labels.

“There may be a few big brands worn by a few people, but that doesn’t equate to the relevancy of high fashion (wearing specific brands because they are big or popular). This comes with the understanding of fashion before us, truly being touched by the pieces and understanding their stories. So before you throw on any brand of clothing really be touched by the pieces,” said Drake.

Individuals can dress however they want. It is a freedom that allows people to express themselves however they want. That is why fashion has such a big impact on how people view each other.

“Style is like a book. From a glance you may see the cover but there are so many more pages, or layers, to a person’s style,” said Drake.