The School Bathroom Breakdown!

A detailed rating of the school’s bathrooms

Kaden LeRoy and Zolie Pope

Using public bathrooms is always iffy and student’s opinions vary on using the bathrooms at school. Some students only use them out of necessity, while others have no problem using them.

“I don’t ever use the bathrooms here at school because mainly I don’t like public bathrooms,” said senior David Moore.

I visited every student bathroom. I visited the boy’s and rated each one on a 1-10 scale based on three categories: cleanliness, crowding, and smell. The ratings below are the average of the rating for the boy’s bathroom in each location.

C Stairwell

Cleanliness: 6
Crowding: 4
Smell: 5
Overview: Pretty busy bathroom, but unremarkable otherwise.

D Stairwell

Cleanliness: 7
Crowding: 6
Smell: 3
Overview: Smells bad, but the painted stall doors are pretty cool. You get to see the Spanish hall decorations in the hallway on the way there, which does not have any bearing on the bathroom itself, but it’s cool nonetheless.

Academy Hall

Cleanliness: 8
Crowding: 7
Smell: 4
Overview: Does not smell great, but has a large mirror. This bathroom is pretty far out of the way, which means it isn’t usually very crowded. It’s also pretty small with only two stalls.

Commons

Cleanliness: 5
Crowding: 3
Smell: 8
Overview: Smells better than most. Maybe it has better ventilation. Very commonly used because it’s towards the center of the school, but also convenient because it’s near the center of the school.

Nurse

Cleanliness: 8
Crowding: 2
Smell: 6
Overview: This bathroom is pretty clean and does not smell too back, but it can get very crowded between some blocks.

Library

Cleanliness: 9
Crowding: 5
Smell: 9
Overview: This bathroom is pretty quiet and was one of the cleanest. It isn’t bad and is located right next to the library.

Overall, the majority of students dislike public bathrooms in general, calling them gross or smelly, but the bathrooms provide a necessary service and overall ours are pretty clean so don’t be afraid to use them when you need to. Just make sure to do what you need to do, wash your hands, and get back to class quickly. Please don’t ruin it for the rest of us by vaping or engaging in other prohibited activities in the bathrooms.