“Good Morning Ya’ll”

Jonathan Ramierez oozes positivity

Nevaeh Gipson, Staff Writer

It’s 7:10 on a Friday morning in the commons and here comes senior Jonathan Ramirez getting ready to say his weekly announcement: “Good morning everybody it’s Friday!” 

During his announcement, one of his friends records him and the whole commons erupts in excitement.

“I started the Friday thing as a joke but it lead to a weekly event,” said Ramirez.  

The Friday announcement quickly became a hit and every Friday morning students look forward to hearing Ramirez start their morning off with positivity. 

Jerome Lawrence

“Jonathan is so unique in the fact that he never ceases to put a smile on my face every time he talks to me,” said senior Patience Sundstrom. “He’s so uniquely positive and the energy he gives off is very contagious; you just can’t help but love him. His positivity is so pure and true, everybody can see that. It’s hard to put into words how much he affects his peers. He uses comic relief is such a way that lightens any mood.”

Ramirez also spreads his positivity through photography. 

“I personally like to see others smile and enjoy the moment, so I capture it for them,” said Ramirez

He particularly likes taking pictures of NJROTC. 

“I have taken pictures of many NJROTC events,” said Rameriez

Rameriez is a student leader of NJROTC and views his fellow cadets as a second family “in and out of the school setting.” 

“Ramirez always comes in happy, a smile on his face, always upbeat and positive,” said senior Jerome Lawrence. “Even on days when practice is rough, his leadership and personality carries us forward. That’s what I think is unique about him; since he’s the Commanding Officer of ROTC, his perseverance and work ethic helps keep morale within the unit to keep it moving forward.” 

From Friday morning announcements, to spreading positivity through humor and photography senior Jonathan Ramirez is a ray of sunshine in our community.